In December 2010 NBN Co released its first Corporate Plan which outlined its long-term business case and set rollout targets for the period from June 2011 to June 2013.
Over the 20 months since the first Corporate Plan was released there have been a number of changes to the scope of the project including the nature of NBN Co's responsibilities in new developments and the increase in the number of Points of Interconnect. There is also the impact of other commercial opportunities such as the HFC agreement with Optus.
The 2012-2015 Corporate Plan shows:
- The underlying business case has remained fundamentally unchanged
- The commitment to connect all Australians to high-speed broadband over the remaining nine years of this 10 year project
- Construction will be commenced or completed for approximately 758,000 premises by December 2012 and for approximately 3.5 million by mid 2015, in line with the 12 month and three-year rollout plans
- The expected return on investment for shareholder equity remains slightly above 7%
- NBN Co has confirmed its wholesale prices are projected to fall over time in both real and nominal terms.